[SSC-CGL] 2014 Notification is out, Syllabus is same, Last date to apply 14th February, Frequently asked questionsDevendra Vishwakarma
Important: SSC CGL has made some changes in the notification about age/education for certain jobs. CLICK ME
- Exam Syllabus and Strategy?
- Important Dates and links for application
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I apply multiple times?
- Validity of Distance Education Degree?
- Confusion in Job Preference codes?
- Age and Attempt limit
- Codes for Education-qualification, Exam Center and Category
- Negative Marketing
- Sectional Cutoffs in Tier-I?
- Tie in score
- OBC creamy Layer: Avoid Mistakes
- Physical Standards?
- Exam Centers
- Photo ID
- Helpdesk Numbers
- No. of vacancies?
- Last Semester
- DONOT apply for this EXAM before knowing the job profiles of various posts offered under this exam (Assistant, Inspectors, Auditors, Clerks etc.) Otherwise, Even if you get high marks, you’ll get lower job IF you tick job preferences foolishly. Job profiles covered in separate article CLICK ME, read it thoroughly before you tick the preferences in the application form. They’ll not allow you to change job preference at later stage.
- DONOT tick job preference for Statistical invigilator/compiler posts UNLESS you’ve relevant eligibility. (minimum 60% in class 12 maths OR studied statistics at degree level.)
- DONOT Apply for this exam IF You are in last year or last semester of graduation. (Because candidate must have finished the bachelor’s degree on or before 1/1/2014)
- and most importantly, DONOT misplace your registration id and roll number after the exam is over. Write it down down at multiple places: in your mobile contact list, in google docs, in the wall-calendar in drawing room and in your bio data/certificate file. (Same principle for all competitive exams you appear in.)
In short, first get familiar with this exam-system, SSC technicalities are bit different than UPSC and IBPS. So, don’t make haste in filling the application form, read the official notification first.
Exam Syllabus and Strategy?
SSC was thinking of changing syllabus of SSC-CGL 2014. BUT they’ve decided to continue with the old system and syllabus. (only MCQs, No descriptive paper, Same syllabus.)
Therefore, booklist, strategy, study plan same as earlier CGL-2013. click on the following links:
- General Awareness (GA/GK)
- Maths, Quantitative Aptitude
- English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension
- Reasoning, General Intelligence
(Although some minor tweaking here and there according to 2013’s papers, that we’ll see later.
but the underlying principles remains same like explained in above links)
Tier 1 (Written MCQ)
One paper with 200 marks: Reasoning (50) + Maths (50) + GA,GK (50) + English (50)
Tier 2 (Written MCQ)
|Maths Paper||for everyone|
|English paper||for everyone|
|Statistics paper||Only for those who apply for statistics invigilator/compiler post. I repeat again, DONOT apply for this post, UNLESS you’ve the relevant degrees in Commerce, Maths, Stat. or economics. Full list is given on Page 11 of the official notification.|
Tier 3 Interview/Proficiency
|Interview (100 marks)||Assistants (gr.B), inspectors, Enforcement office, Stat.invigilators|
|No interview||Auditors, Jr. Accountant, clerks, Tax assistants and Stat compiler.|
|Computer proficiency test: word, powerpoint and Excel||only Assistants (gr.B)|
|Data entry test||only for Tax assistants (gr.C)|
Important Dates and links for application
For SSC-CGL Notification: http://ssc.nic.in/notice/examnotice/CGLE-2014%20Notice.pdf
For Paper application form: http://ssc.nic.in/notice/examnotice/Application%20Form%20CGLE%202014.pdf
(Backup-server): if above links don’t work then, goto following link and download whatever you want:
|online applicant||19th Jan||SSC will start accepting online application through
Important: Apply using Internet Explorer browser. If you try with google chrome or Firefox, some error may happen.
Credit card/ Debit card NOT accepted.
|22th Feb||you must finish part I registration by this date. (5PM)|
|24th Feb||you must finish part II registration by this date. (5PM)|
|offline (paper-form) applicant||24 February, Friday||if you’re apply offline (through paper application), then your application must reach SSC office by this date.|
|exam dates||27 April and 4th May||
|30-31 August||SSC tier II exam will be held.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I apply multiple times?
Q. I filled up the form but then xyz error happened OR