How to solve cloze test questions?DEVENDRA VISHWAKARMA
About the close Test:-
All banking and Insurance exam has Cloze test in their English section. It is a very complex sentence completion test. In this test you are provided with a passage with few blanks and you need to fill these blanks from the given options. This test evaluates your Vocabulary power, understanding of the message spread out by the passage and your knowledge about grammar.
How to Crack the Nut?
1. First of all go through the complete passage and get a rough idea about the content and the message it conveys. Also note down the unknown words.
2. In a passage mostly all the sentences are logically related to each other. These logic’s will give you an idea about the appropriate word for the blank space.
3. Sometimes you can easily spot the correct answer. If not,then eliminate the improbable options one by one and get the right answer.
4. Find a logical relation between all the provided options.
5. Practice at least 4-5 cloze tests to check your performance.
Direction (1-10) :-We provide you with a short cloze test in order to check your performance-
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
Smile, they say, and soon there will be miles and miles of smiles. If we keep _(1)_ ourselves and do not mix with others, we shall soon be left alone to ponder _(2)_the misfortunes of life. Nobody likes to come across a __(3)__ and self-centered person. People _(4)_ gregarious and outgoing souls who are prepared to share their joys and sorrows _(5)_ if they have the capacity to laugh ___(6)___ their problems and miseries. Laughter brings people _(7)_whereas keeping to oneself distances people. It has _(8)_ been rightly said that laughter is the shortest distance between two persons. Once two persons _(9)__ together, the circle of acquaintance and consequently friendship _(10)_, thus making the world a happy place to live in.