English Exercise on Tricks of AdjectiveDEVENDRA VISHWAKARMA
Here in this article, we are providing an English Exercise on Tricks of Adjective based on our English Master Series Module -9.
This Exercise will be very helpful while solving the questions of Spotting Errors and Fill in the blanks.
1. He is the most / intelligent and also/ the very talented student of the college. / No error.
2. Having been found /guilty of the theft/ Sunny was sentenced to five year’s imprisonment. / No error.
3. Alms / are given / to the poors. / No error.
4. Lasers are / indispensable tools / for the delicate eyes surgery. / No error.
5. These sort of men / attain success by hook or by crook / so they do not deserve any applause . / No error.
6. Please_____________the grease____________the floor.
a)wipe, in b)scour, off c) take, from d) remove, at
7. He is so___________ that everyone gives him a_____________berth at the parties.
a) insolent, side b)rough, escape c)boring, wide d) rude, remote
8. The cashier along with his____________ has been indicted in a case of____________.
a) colleague, peculation b)subordinate, fraudulent c) accomplice, hoax d) associate, embezzle
9. He committed_____________out of his hatred for his_____________.
a) fratricide, brother b)homicide, sister c)matricide, wife d)suicide, agonise
10. Appropriate dosage of correct_______________will___________ the pain.
a) medicine, elude b) drug, ameliorate c)medicine, alleviate d)recommend, lessen
1. He is the most intelligent and also the most talented student of the college.
Explanation – If two Adjectives are joined by a conjunction, both the adjectives should be in the same degree. Hence use most intelligent with most talented.
2. Having been found guilty of the theft Sunny was sentenced to Five-year imprisonment.
Explanation – Hyphenated Adjective is always in singular form.
3. Alms are given to the poor.
Explanation – The poor means the deprived people.
4. Lasers are indispensable tools for the delicate eye surgery.
Explanation – Eyes a noun acts as an adjective in eyes surgery because here eyes qualifiessurgery. If a noun works as an adjective, it must be in singular form.
5. These sorts of men attain success by hook or by crook so they do not deserve any applause .
Explanation – These is plural and hence will take sorts and not sort.
6. scour, off
7. boring, wide
8. colleague, peculation
9. fratricide, brother
10. medicine, alleviate