[Download] RBI Mains 2014-Paper 2: Economy and Social IssuesDevendra Vishwakarma
- List of Questions
- 100 marks 3 hours. Exam taken in September 2014
- Answer any five questions.
- In case the candidate answered more than five questions, only the first five answers will be evaluated and the rest of the answers will be ignored.
- All questions carry equal marks. (20 marks for each question).
- Each question should be answered on new page and the question number must be written on the top.
- The answers of parts of the same question, if any, should be written together. In other words, the answer of another questions should not be written in-between the parts of a question.
- Marks will be deducted for illegible hand-writing.
- Answers will be evaluated on the basis of perspective, analysis, and presentation.
- Answers must be written either in English or in Hindi. However, all the questions should be answered in one language only. Answer-books written partly in English-and partly in Hindi will not be evaluated.
- Candidate should use only Blue or Black ink pen/Ball point pen to write the answers.
- The Name, Roll No. and other entries should be written in the answer-scripts at the specified places only and these should not be written anywhere else in the answer script and supplements used, if any.
List of Questions
- Explain different indices for measuring economic development. Which measure is most appropriate according to you and why?
- “Deepening challenge of the climate change is the area that requires immediate global attention”. Discuss.
- Write note on following:
- Explain the provisions under MGNREGA.
- Examine the challenges of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) with respect to MGNREG Scheme.
- Examine the inter-relationship of food inflation and rising wages in rural areas of India.
- Explain the causes of India’s rising sexual crime graph. What measures would you suggest to prevent the same?
- “Increasing unemployment in India reveals that we are not able to put our demographic dividend to good use”. Discuss.
- Explain :—
- Trends of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India
- FDI in Insurance
- Critically evaluate the J P Nayak committee’s recommendations to dismantle the government’s stakes in nationalized banks.
- Explain the contribution of service sector in income, employment and export in India.
- Write notes on any two:
- Malnutrition in India
- Use of social media in education : a boon or bane
- Problem of child labour in India
- Declining sex ratio.
Courtesy: Mr. Hari krishnan D, for sharing the mains 2014 papers.
For more on RBI Officers’ previous papers, cutoffs, studyplans and interview tips, visit: Mrunal.org/ibps#RBI