How to crack English Section in SBI 2016 – Expert Advise : Ekta SBI PO 2015DEVENDRA VISHWAKARMA
In order to boost your marks in English Language Section we are providing you expert advise. This will surely help you to enhance your ability to score more.
How to score good marks in English
I am getting lots of mail for tips and strategies to score good marks in English. Some of us find it difficult to secure even passing marks and sometimes we miss the written exam just because of it. But we can secure good marks in English also with little attention and strategy.
Lets start with the preparations first. We have a general tendency that we don’t need to practice or study English as we all know it. But in real scenario what happens is we land up scoring less marks as I did. English also needs equal attention as quants and reasoning to have a good command on it. Here are some points which I wanted to share with you all even though you know it:-
1) Go through the basic rules of grammar ( preferably Arihant) because we feel that we know it very well but we make mistakes in that only and lose marks.
2) Practice few sets and English quizzes posted here and analyze where you are going wrong. It might be just a simple rule of grammar that we would have been missing. So we can learn from there also.
3) Inculcating reading habit is very important. You can read either English newspaper, blogs related to economy, finance or banking, or novels. This will keep you in pace and you will take less time in reading and understanding the comprehensions.
Now lets come to strategies for attempting English section
1) Always start answering with small questions like spotting errors, fillers, sentence rearrangement etc. and keep the comprehension for last as its time consuming.
2) No one can answer all the questions in English with hundred percent accuracy so attempt only those questions which you are sure about instead of making wild guesses.
3) Most of us are weak in vocabulary so don’t worry much about it, because there will be hardly 2-4 questions of that kind. You can even skip those questions.
4) While attempting fillers with two blank, there will be one blank which will be easy to identify and you can relate the second one accordingly.
5) Sometimes we face problem with sentence rearrangement also, so it’s better to identify the first and last sentence first and then arrange the remaining if you can.
6) For comprehension, go through the passage and questions simultaneously. This will help you in answering the question quickly without wasting time.
Books preferred : Arihant, Kiran and BSC
Online : Quizzes and practice sets posted on gradestack and Mahindra St.
I hope my suggestions is of some help to the aspirants and especially for them who find this section as toughest.