[CAPF] UPSC declares Written Result of Assistant commandant (AC) 2013 Exam, 2450 cleared, Topper tips for Physical Efficiency Test (PET)Devendra Vishwakarma
- What next?
- PET Tips by Toppers
- Navdeep Singh Suhag (4th Rank, 2012)
- Kartikeya Mishra (Rank 4, 2011)
- Mani Barathi (Rank 5, 2012)
- Vishal Bansal (Rank 9, 2012)
- Viplav (Rank 47, 2012)
UPSC had conducted the written exam for CAPF Assistant commandants (ACs) on 20th October 2013.
Result has been declared. Total 2450 Candidates selected for next round (Physical Test + Medical Checkup)
- 11th April 2014: UPSC will upload the DAF form (Detailed Application Form) on their official site (upsc.gov.in). You’ve to fill it online and take print out. During medical test, bring this printout along with all other documents for age, education qualification etc.
- 20th May 2014: By this date y ou should receive call letter for physical efficiency test (PET). if you don’t get call letter by this date then contact DIG (Recruitment)/Dy. Commandant (Recruitments). Central Reserve Police Force on Telephone No. 011– 24364884 Extension. 317, 226, 224 or email id– email@example.com.
- If you address is changed then contact following through letter or FAX immediately
|CRPF Authorities,Block No.1,CGO Complex,
New Delhi- 110003
|Union Public Service Commission (UPSC),Dholpur house,Shahjahan Road
- After final result is declared, Union Public service commission (UPSC) will upload every candidate’s marksheet within fifteen (15) days. And it’ll b e kept on their website for next sixty (60)days.
Toppers’ Tips for Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|100m Race||16 Seconds||18|
|800 Race||3.45 Minutes||4.45 Minutes|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (Three Chances)||3 Meters (Three Changes)|
Navdeep Singh Suhag (4th Rank, 2012)
- I started my preparation for PET only a week before actual date as I was involved with my State PCS Mains and then Civil Services PT preparation. I have sports background so I didn’t feel much trouble in getting into shape soon
- but I would suggest other candidates to at least try all the events in a quick succession so as to stimulate the real test conditions. Otherwise, the officials present there are also very cooperative in the sense that they give time lag between events like 800mt and 100mt.
- My PET was held at Basic Training Centre of ITBP, Bhanu in Panchkula District. Ours was first batch of this recruitment. Officials were very cooperative in matters like sending few of their employees to get our documents photo stated in case one missed some.
- One important thing to be remembered is to furnish all important documents, originals, at time of PET or else you will not be allowed to undertake test.
- Take PET as test of your courage and determination rather than physical ability as it is more related to mental toughness. Here it pays more is to be determined mentally in comparison to physical preparedness. So focus on this aspect too while preparing.
Kartikeya Mishra (Rank 4, 2011)
During graduation, I worked out almost none. So the first day in field for PET preparation(20 odd days before the PET) was forgettable and I clocked about 10 minutes for 800 meters.
But I relied on muscle memory and 15 days of running (2 Km a day) brought me within the clocks. One day prior to the tests, I worked exclusively for long jump (which is toughest part of PET, because of people not knowing the technique). For non-regular sportsperson, it is mandatory not to push their bodies too far in first few days to avoid sudden injury. Fitness test is of medium toughness but it is conducted in the month of June often starting in the afternoon so it becomes a nightmare once the cloud cover is not there.
Mani Barathi (Rank 5, 2012)
- My PET was held in NISA, CISF, Hyderabad on 09/05/13. I got approximately one month time after result declaration to prepare for PET.
- Since I was an athlete from school days PET was not difficult for me. 15 days would be sufficient to fit in the requirements for an average person. 800 m and long jump are the events in which most people fail. There are lot of tips in net for long jump.
Vishal Bansal (Rank 9, 2012)
- It was the hardest part for me. Due to the very nature of preparation of civil services one hardly gets time for physical exercise. So confidence in own physical capability was surely an issue. However with the help of friends, their motivation and firm resolve, all went well.
- I used staircase running to build up stamina.
- Completing 100m sprint was always a grey area after running 800m. I never finished the line before 14 secs. Luckily at the PET, 100m sprint was the first event.
- High temperatures of summer noon and blowing air mixed with dust, drained much energy during 800m. I cleared long jump event in my last attempt. I need not mention shot-put event as no one fails in this ever.
Viplav (Rank 47, 2012)
- Before the results of written test I had never run even 500m at a stretch in my whole life , so I had to start from scratch. I focused on building my stamina by doing push-ups and running by the clock.
- PET takes place on a hot-sunny day so chances of nasal-bleeding are very high.one should keep a wet handkerchief and put it in his mouth while running.it helps in keeping the mouth moist and avoids any chances of bleeding. Do not take take rest between the events.
- While practicing alone you may not clock the required timings but don’t panic.on the PET day you are made to run with 20-30 people so your timings will automatically improve without you even realizing.
- While practicing don’t push yourself too hard, try not to get hurt before the PET.
- On the PET day keep yourself motivated every minute and don’t lose hope even for a second.
- I have been a regular member of school and college football and cricket teams so it was easy. Anybody involved in field sports would find it a cakewalk. Although I saw most aspirants failing in long jump which was merely coz of not being familiar with technique. (Dharmendra Singh Rank 25)
- I’m an avid foody. An aspirant puts up weight faster. I was 90 kg so i reduced 23 kg in 3 months. I followed salad n low fat diet. I was studying for mains . Jogging 5 km daily n dieting. It helped me get fitter and enhanced my focus. I felt better about myself and confident. Sufficient practice for 1 month can get an avg built person through. (Swachhand Chavan Rank 99)
- I had taken tips from my PET sir (School) and practiced at home for about an hour daily. It is not that hard to clear PET but one has to follow the rules of the game. While practicing remember one thing, try all the events at one time, I mean don’t take rest in between the events as it is the same on real time. (Gangavarapu Vikram Rank 137)
For even more tips on how to prepare for Physical Efficiency Test (PET), read past toppers’ interviews at http://mrunal.org/toppers#71