[Interview] Central Police Forces Topper Dharmendra Singh (AIR 25/ CAPF 2011)Devendra Vishwakarma
- Physical Test-Tips?
- CPF Interview Questions
- Career Backup
- Message to Aspirants
- The bogus marketing propoganda
Q. Tell us something about yourself. When and why did you enter in the competitive exam field?
I find stagnancy boring and thats the reason I keep changing profession (latest passion is of being a cop). Entering into IIT was a high school dream and since them I’m in the field of competitive exams.
|Exam||Central Police Forces (Asst.Commandant)-2011|
|Graduation /PG||B.Tech., Metallurgical Engg.,IIT(BHU) Varanasi|
|Are you a working professional? (yes/no)||Yes|
|Details of other competitive exams that you appeared in?||CAT’2011 (Final selection IIM L,I,K)|
|Details of coaching for any competitive exam (if joined)||
|Hobbies, Extra Curricular Activities, Achievements etc.||Hobbies: Playing and watching cricket & footballAchievements:
|Do you have any NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates? Yes/No||No|
Q. List of Essential books/ tips for success in the CPF written exam?
At the time of CAPF’11 I was to appear at CSE Mains’11 and that helped in my preparation for GS and essay. Books I referred for GS at CSE mains were:
- History – A brief history of modern India – spectrum
- Geography – Geograhy of India – Spectrum
- Polity – D.D. Basu + Class notes (ALS) + PM Bakshi(Bare act) + the hindu notes (for pub ad paper II)
- Economics – Mrunal’s blog + Indian Economy (upkar publication, by sanjeev verma) + the hindu notes
- Art & culture – spectrum
- International relations – ALS class notes + the hindu notes
- Sci tech – the hindu notes
- 8. India year book
Q. How did you prepare for the essay? What Essay did you write in the CPF-2011 exam. Provide the keypoint/summery/gist of your essay.
- Got important tips in a short essay at ALS. Basically organizing all random thoughts is da key together with a ‘solid conclusion’.
- I make it a point to start every essay with a quote and end with a philosohical or moral conclusion.
- CAPF’11 essay: Can laws only tackle coruption – was asked in the context of Lokpal bill agitation
- Conclusion – fight against corruption has to begin from self…..blah blah
Q.how did you manage the mood, motivation, tempo, momentum during this journey?
- I was prepapring while working so concentration was a real big issue where I failed miserably. Although during short (two month stints twice) stints at Delhi it was not an issue.
Q. Time Management Tips for the working professionals?
- Using short breaks(like 20 – 30 min breaks) is the key for working professionals together with tricky use of internet. To switch between study and work in short intervals is very important.
Q. To pass Physical Efficiency Tests (PET), what preparation did you do at home? How hard is the fitness test?
I have been a regular member of school and college football and cricket teams so it was easy. Anybody involved in field sports would find it a cakewalk. Although I saw most aspirants failing in long jump which was merely coz of not being familiar with technique.
CPF Interview Questions
Q. How did you prepare for the CPF-interview: Please Provide the list of questions asked (and if possible, the answers as well). And any tips for future aspirants.
Just before the interview I had a month long training at TISS for PMRDF which involved detailed discussion about policy issues which helped a lot. Also I dropped in at my friend’s (Niraj, Ordinance service) place at Delhi who was about to write his mains’2012 and used his notes.